Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Planting flowers , lots of yard work :)

Dea and I have been planting all of our planters the last couple of weeks when we have free time here and there. Not to mention all of the yard work that needed to be done. I took some pictures of the planters as by the end of the summer they have gotten so large I wish I would have had pictures of them when they where first planted. They may not look like much now but by mid July they are so pretty. We usually try not to plant flowers in the ground as that causes a lot more maintenance :) which no one likes! If I don't want a lot of the annuals dug up or tinkled on by the dogs the pots are great. They can pee to there hearts content and a water hose is a quick cleanup at the end of the day, and the flowers are still alive and kicking! I have found a lot of these pots here locally at imported decor goods stores over the last 8 years. I have accidentally broken quite a few as well :( One always seems to bite the dust by the end of the year. Here are some of the photos I took of the hanging baskets and my favorite 2. The 2 large pots we put on the wall. My dad built that sandstone wall himself 20 years ago. I have a feeling that wall will be here long after I am gone.
Lhasa Regards,
Goldy Marie


No comments:

Post a Comment